Monday, April 15, 2013

Greetings from Denver!


So I got into Denver Thursday night, but almost got snowed in at Frisco (just past Vail), if you can believe it. My phone picked the perfect time to go dead, and just before finding the town's only actual gas station (which took some looking -- it was not right off the highway where ALL gas stations should be!), I found a random bar that was closed. The guy working not only let me charge my phone, but gave me a free beer and palavered with me for a bit. I'm gonna have to go skiing next season just so I can see that guy again!

Anyways, I made it, and my brother, much to my surprise, has decided to let me stay with him after all. His family has been very welcoming, and it's been a lot of fun so far. Whopping my brother's butt at ping pong is a current favorite, but there is no shortage of charming moments in this house.

I've already met several people who, I'm happy to say, share my passion, or at least interest, in so many things. Life doesn't seem slow for anyone I've met so far, but they get by and they mostly strike me as being just as insightful, egalitarian and driven as I imagined Denverites would be.

I have at least three paid jobs lined up, but I also have been invited by the Libertarian Party to be a videographer for their conference next month. It is usually the annual state-wide conference, but this year it is actually a national event, so many of the who's who in Libertarianism will be there. I couldn't be more excited for it.

The ducks in the park down the street have met me, and they are as cool as I thought they would be, too. One swam over to greet me, and quacked in salutation. They love the snow as much as I do, and they assure me, as everything has so far, that I'm where I need to be.

I assume my exploits will soon pick up speed, as I have a lot of things to get done. I will be busy with one thing or another, but I will update this blog as regularly as I can. It is much easier to let people know what's going on with you through a blog, so if you want to know what I'm up to, go ahead and subscribe.

I will also be publishing articles in the name of the local fowl. No one has ever taken them seriously, but they have a voice, and I will help them be heard!

No comments:

Post a Comment