Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spoon Gets A Job!

After a month of unemployment and dropping off applications at all of the surrounding movie theaters, the one I wanted to get hired at the most was the Alamo Drafthouse. It is the closest to where I live, but it is also the movie theater experience I've always dreamed of.

They have 32 beers on tap, and they are all Colorado beers. They serve food - and when I say they serve food, I mean they SERVE you in the theater. It is a dine-in movie theater, and a sort of high-class one at that.

They also have many creative arms of the company - Drafthouse Films for one - which produces and distributes its own content. Many of the people who go into this part, as it turns out, started in the movie theater.

I'm excited to say that I've been hired, and I start on Thursday.

I will be working in the kitchen drink station upstairs (the bar) pouring beers and mixing cocktails. Eventually, there may be an opportunity to move downstairs into the lobby and hopefully into the actual bar.

This is by far the best opportunity to come my way since I moved here, and I could not be happier. I really believe this theater is the future of what the movie-going experience could be, and should be.


No comments:

Post a Comment